Orthopedic Surgery - Whittier
Seeing your pets in pain and distress is a difficult thing to do. As proactive and loving pet parents, your first instinct is the urgency to get your pets out of the pain immediately. At Affordable Animal Hospital Whittier, we understand and empathize with your pain. Our mission is fulfilling your need for having a healthy and happy pet, free from any pain or discomfort.
Orthopedic Surgery for Your Beloved Pet: Caring, Dedicated, Experienced
Call us today: (562) 444-5611
What is Orthopedic Surgery for Pets?
At Affordable Animal Hospital Whittier, we use state-of-the-art equipment and tried-and-true products to compassionately treat your pet’s medical conditions. We have created an environment where your pets feel safe and secure. We work tirelessly to restore your pet’s health and help them with a speedy recovery.
Orthopedic Surgery for pets refers to surgical procedures performed on your pets to relieve them from pain in the tendons, ligaments, bones, muscles, soft tissues, and cartilages. The motive of the procedure is not just to relieve them of the pain but also repair their broken or disjointed bones and/or ailing ligaments and tendons.
Your adorable pets cannot verbally communicate to you when they are in pain. However, their pain and distress require the same level of medical care you would require when in need. At Affordable Animal Hospital Whittier, we are dedicated to providing the best orthopedic care to your pets all of Whittier has to offer.
When Does Someone’s Pet Need Orthopedic Surgery?
There are a wide variety of reasons why your pet might need orthopedic surgery. It is important to understand the cause of the distress well so that you can prevent it from happening again. Or in the case that it happens again, you can rush your pet to receive immediate medical care:
- Trauma to muscles causing ligament tears.
- Trauma to bones causing fractured, broken, or dislocated bones.
- Infection in the skeletal system due to invasive microorganisms.
- Weak and sore bones occurring as a side effect of cancer or an immune disorder.
- Arthritis and wear and tear of muscles due to old age.
Orthopedic Surgery at Affordable Animal Hospital Whittier: What are the Different Surgeries Available for Your Pet’s Orthopedic Needs?
We specialize in multiple forms of orthopedic surgeries to make sure your pets get the medical care they need:
• For disjointed, fractured, or broken bones caused due to strong and sudden trauma to the affected region - Minimally Invasive Bone Fracture Repair Surgery.
• For prevention of the kneecap from riding outside the femoral groove - Medial Patellar Luxation Surgery.
• For alleviating pain by removing the head and neck of the femur bone - Femoral Head Osteotomy.
• For replacement of fractured bones - Total Elbow, Hip, and Knee Replacement.
• For the reconstruction of torn tendons and ligaments - Ligament and Tendon Reconstructive Surgery.
• For correction of a limb deformity of the bones or muscles - Limb Deformity Corrective Surgery.
• For fractured bones beyond repair and/or severely infected bones - Limb Amputation Surgery.
When Should You Bring Your Pets in for Emergency Care?
We recommend bringing your pets in for a consultation the minute you notice something irregular in their behavior. This allows us to provide immediate suggestions or course of action. The sooner your pet receives medical care, the less damage is done to your pet’s health and body. This also allows your pet to recover from their ailments faster.
Be Proactive and Watch Out for the Following Signs and Symptoms:
- Reduced or negligible mobility
- Difficulty in walking
- Loss of agility
- Reluctance for social interaction
- Excessive drowsiness
- Continued anxious growling in dogs
- Hissing in cats
- Sudden weight loss
- Sudden excessive aggression
- Reduced appetite
- Aversion to water
Contact Us Now for a Consultation
Remember, your pets have only you to reach out for help. Understand their need for immediate medical attention and allow Affordable Animal Hospital Whittier to provide that medical care. We understand the sacred bond you have with your beloved pets. Your pets need the utmost care and attention and we strive to provide this. In case any of the above-mentioned surgeries are not fit for your pet’s condition, we are open for a consultation to mutually decide upon the best course of action.